Coach H. played in college at Cortland State (2 years) and Virginia Wesleyan College (2 years). As a freshman at Cortland State, he played on the 1986 Final Four team which was defeated in NCAA Division III Semis to then Hobart College (Hobart now D1).
After leaving Cortland and stepping away from the game for a couple years, he transferred to VWC where he ended his career as an All-ODAC attackman, and set the 1991 NCAA single game scoring and record with 13 points (11 assists). In 1992 he represented VWC in the North/South All-Star game, and led the South in scoring with 2 goals and 2 assists. Each year at Virginia Wesleyan, a freshman men's lacrosse player receives the "Scott Holava Most Outstanding Freshman" award.
Coach H. is a US Lacrosse Level II Certified Coach, and he has been coaching the South Beach Storm teams since 2007. In 2013 he joined the staff at Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School where he is currently the varsity head coach. Scott still plays in the adult summer lacrosse league, and on Team AARP for adults 35 and over. He lives in Virginia Beach with his wife and their lacrosse playing sons. He is employed as a web developer for The City of Virginia Beach.
- USILA North/South All-Star - 1992
- 2nd Team All-ODAC Attack - 1991-92
- ODAC leading scorer - 1991
- 122 Career Points (51 goals, 71 assists) at Virginia Wesleyan College
- NCAA Single game scoring record (2 goals, 11 assists) - 1991
- Virginia Wesleyan College MVP - 1991-92
- Virginia Wesleyan Captain - 1991-92